Mrs. Grande and Mrs. Dawley
Class #20 – March 19, 2018
Class #17 – February 26, 2018
Seder Dinner Night
Class #14 – January 29, 2018
Preparation for Sacraments
Class #13 – January 22, 2018 (Dawley’s Class)
- Midterm Assessment (page s 135-138)
- Chapter 13 – Sacraments
- What we learned from Chapters 1-12
- Understand God shares His love through the sacraments
- Appreciate the gift of the Sacraments and their importance for us as members of the Church
- Respond to the gift of the Sacraments by participating in them with faith and by living what we celebrate
“We Believe” Book Pages: 135-138, 144-147
- Begin researching Sacraments and Topics, get ready for presentations
- Vocab words: Sacrament, Sanctifying Grace, liturgy, sanctify
Class #13 – January 22, 2018 (Grande’s Class)
Topic: The Sacraments
- What are the Sacraments?
- Unit 2 Assessment
- Midyear Assessment
- Intro to the 7 Sacaments
“We Believe” Book Pages: 130-149
Homework: Seven Sacraments Project
Class #12 – January 8, 2018
Topic: Jesus is the Bread of Life; Jesus Accomplished His plan of salvation through Paschal Mystery
- Jesus wants His disciples to have life with God forever
- Jesus gives Himself as the Bread of Life and our Savior
- God is always present and with us through the person of Jesus Christ
- Jesus, through Paschal Mystery (His suffering, death, Resurrection, and Ascension), accomplished His work of Salvation.
- We must open our hearts to Jesus’s call to share joy in our gifts of the Body of Christ in the world
- We share in Christ’s work of salvation through what we say and what we do
“We Believe” Book Pages: 118-121, 126, 128, 130
- Study Red words: Eternal Life, Real Presence, Ascension, Paschal Mystery
- Do Quizzes for Chapter 11 and Chapter 12
Class #11 – December 18, 2017
Prepared for Christmas Break
Class #10 – December 11, 2017
Topic: Jesus the Healer
- Jesus has the power to heal and forgive.
- During His ministry, Jesus called the Apostles and disciples to share in His mission.
- Jesus calls us to have faith in His ability to heal us and forgive us.
- We must reach out to others with Jesus’s offer of healing, compassion, and forgiveness.
“We Believe” Book Pages: 106, 108, 111, and 113
Homework: Read words in red. Learn “Sabbath,” and “Apostles”
Complete test on page 113
Class# 9, December 4, 2017
Family Advent Night – Advent celebration and activities.
Class# 8, November 27, 2017
Topic: The Coming of God’s Kingdom
- God’s Kingdom is the power of Gad’s love, active in our lives and in the world
- Trust that by living according to the Beatitudes, we will find happiness as we spread God’s Kingdom
- Proclaim God’s Kingdom everyday in what we say and what we do.
- There are eight different Beatitudes. Quotes from the Gospel of Mathew explain their messages
- Review Red Words – Kingdom of God, Beatitudes
- Do quiz on page 103
- Go over parts of the Mass
Class #7 – November 20, 2017 (Grande)
Topic: Parts of the Mass; Jesus the Messiah
- The coming of Jesus Christ fulfilled Israel’s hopes for the promised Messiah
- Trust that Jesus Christ, true God and true man, continues to be with us and to share God’s life with us in a special way
- Evangelize by sharing the truth that Jesus was the true Messiah
- Many expected the Messiah in different ways and were surprised by Him being a humble man, how He died and how He was born again
- Reviewed The Seven Sacraments
“We Believe” Book Pages: Mass-309, 87-98
Assignments: Review red words, infancy narratives, and consecrate
Do quiz on page 93.
Class #6 – November 13, 2017 (Grande)
Topic: Chapter Six
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Pope John Paul II
- Decision Making
“We Believe” Book Pages: p 61-72
Assignments: Unit 1 Assessment
Class #6 – November 13, 2017 (Dawley)
Topic: The Promise of Salvation
- Original Sin weakened our human nature and allowed ignorance, suffering, and death into the world
- God promised salvation through His son, the Messiah
- We should help one another to serve and fulfill God’s promise of salvation
- God gave people hope.
“We Believe” Book Pages: p 76-83
Assignments: Review Faith Words: Free Will, Sin, Original Sin, Immaculate Conception, Angel, Annuciation
Class #5 – October 30, 2017 (Grande)
Topic: The Gospels
- Identify the four Gospels
- Compare and contrast the Gospels
- What are parables?
- All Saints Day and All Souls Day
“We Believe” Book Pages: Chapter 5
Assignments: Complete Saint Paper
Class #5 – October 30, 2017 (Dawley)
Topic: Holy Spirit, Helper and Guide
Holy Spirit Helper and Guide
- The Holy Spirit is present and active in God’s plan for salvation
- Trust the Holy Spirit to guide the life and teachings of the church
- Rely on the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit
- Symbols of the Holy Spirit
“We Believe” Book Pages: p 62-68
Assignments: Review vocabulary (Prophet, Messiah, Pentecost); Do Chapter 6 assignment; Do Unit 1 assignments 71-72
Class #3 – October 16, 2017
Topic: The blessed Trininty
- The Blessed Trinity is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit
- Evangelization – God News Spread
- The Old Testament reflects God’s love by His creations (Genesis passages)
- Covenant/Contracts – God’s contract to us and how we go into contracts today
- The Ten Commandments
- Jesus is the Greatest sign of God’s Love
“We Believe” Book Pages: 32-49
Class #2 – October 3, 2017
Topic: The Holy Trinity
- How is The Trinity significant in our lives?
“We Believe” Book Pages: Chapter 2 and the beginning of Chapter 3
Class #1 – September 26, 2017
Topic: How Do We Know God is Present in Our Lives, and How Do We Show God in Our Lives?
- Would God like our image?
- What Image do we want others to have of us?
- How does God show us that he is with us?
- Questions about miracles
“We Believe” Book Pages: 11-18
Assignments: Family Crest