Mr. Mike McGee
Class #12 – January 8, 2018
Topic: Chapter Nine – The Celebration of Confirmation
- Confirmation leads us from Baptism to the Eucharist
- In the sacrament of Confirmation, we are sealed with the Gift of the Holy Spirit
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit help those who are confirmed
- Confirmation calls those anointed to live out their Baptism as witnesses of Jesus Christ.
“We Believe” Book Pages: 83-90
Class #11 – December 18, 2017
Prepared for Christmas Break
Class #10 – December 11, 2017
Topic: Chapter 14 – Christmas
- When is the Christmas Season?
- The Season of Christmas is a time to rejoice in the Incarnation
- The Incarnation is the truth that the Son of God became a man
- Mass at Midnight celebrates Jesus’s birth at Bethlehem, the Mass at dawn celebrates Jesus as The Word and the New Light among us.
“We Believe” Book Pages: 121-126
Homework: Merry Christmas
Class# 9, December 4, 2017
Family Advent Night – Advent celebration and activities.
Class #7 – November 20, 2017
Topic: The Liturgical Year
- The Church Year is based on the life of Christ and the celebration of his life in the liturgy.
- There are six seasons in the Liturgical Year
- The colors of altar cloths and vestments note the season: Green = Ordinary Time, Purple = Lent and Advent, White = Christmas, Easter, and Triduum
- Advent is the first season of the Liturgical Year.
“We Believe” Book Pages: 59-63, 115-118
Assignments: Review sheets for Unit 1 Review
Class #6 – November 13, 2017
Topic: The Celebration of Baptism
- The Church welcomes all to be Babtized
- The parish community participates in the celebration of Baptism
- Water is an important sign of Baptism
- The Baptized begin their new life as children of God
“We Believe” Book Pages: 51-57
Class #5 – October 30, 2017
Topic: Ordinary Time
- Ordinary time is named that because the weeks are ordered
- Ordinary time occurs in two parts
- During ordinary time, we learn about the life of Christ and we grow as His followers
- There are special days to celebrate the lives of Jesus, Mary, and the saints; their memorials, feasts, and solemnites.
“We Believe” Book Pages: 65-69
Assignments: Go to formed.org
Watch -> Youth -> Watch 3 Saint Stories for speeches
Class #4 – October 23, 2017
Topic: New Life in Christ
- Baptism is the foundation of Christian Life
- In Baptism, we are freed from sin and become children of God
- We are a priestly, prophetic and royal people
- Because of our Baptism, we have hope and eternal life.
“We Believe” Book Pages: 43-50
Assignments: Talk to your parents – Were you named for a saint? Does your family have a patron or favorite saint?
Class #2 – October 2, 2017
Topic: Jesus Shares His Mission with the Church
- We are joined to Jesus Christ and to one another
- We proclaim the Good News of Christ by what we say and do
- In the liturgy, we celebrate Christ’s Paschal Mystery
- When we serve others, we give witness to Christ
“We Believe” Book Pages: 27-34
Assignments: Review handouts – word search and crosswords for chapters 1 and 2
Class #1 – September 25, 2017
Topic: Introductions and Chapter One
- Jesus is The Son of God
- Jesus shows us God’s Love
- Jesus invites people to follow Him
- Jesus’ disciples continue His work.
“We Believe” Book Pages: 19-26
- Share handouts with parents
- Bring folders, pencils, and books to class