3rd Grade, Room 7A – Teachers, Mrs. Stacey Starzynski
Lesson #8 – December 3, 2018
Lesson #7 – November 19, 2018
Third Grade held their Saint Party – Students shared their Saint Reports.
Lesson #6 – November 12, 2018
Topic: The Early Church
- The Apostles lead the early church and followers of Jesus stood up for their faith.
- Apostles told everyone about Jesus, everywhere they went. This is how they formed the church.
- Jesus sent the Apostles out to “make disciples of all nations.”
- The Gospel is the good news.
- Martyrs are people who die for their faith.
- Discussed Saint Projects – due next week.
Book Pages: 51-56
- Project on page 56 (completed in class)
Lesson #5 – October 29, 2018
Full classes were postponed this week, so students could hold a prayer service for The Tree of Life Synagogue.
- Prayer for Peace
- Prayer for Service
- Cards for Police officers
- Introduce Saint Project
Homework: Saint Project and Service Project
Students will research the life of a Saint. Complete instructions Here
Lesson #4 – October 22, 2018
Topic: The Church Begins
- Jesus promised to send the Holy Spirit upon his disciples so that they weren’t afraid when they preached about Him.
- Jesus ascended into heaven and returned to His Father.
- After receiving the Holy Spirit, the disciples began to spread the word of Jesus.
- The day when the Holy Spirit came to the apostles is called Pentecost.
- The Apostles began preaching the Good News of Jesus and communities of believers grew everywhere.
- This is how the Church began, with many followers of Jesus called Christians.
Book Pages: 43-47
Lesson #3 – October 15, 2018
Topic: Christ Will Come Again
- Jesus has power over life and death; Jesus will come again
- Lazarus was Jesus’ friend. Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead and people called Jesus the Messiah.
- Jesus performed many miracles.
- Heaven is life with God forever.
- Jesus teaches us to love other s and to show our kindness.
- Discussed page 30 and the picture. Students shared stories about how to help the boy in the picture.
Book Pages: 35-30
Homework: Started little journals for the important things we learn in class
Lesson #2 – October 1, 2018
Topic: Jesus Teaches us About God’s Love
- Bible – The book in which God’s word is written
- Kingdom of God – the world we make when we use God’s power
- Faith – A gift from God that helps us to believe in Him
- Crucified – Nailed to the cross to die
- Resurrection – When Jesus rose from the dead
- The story of the Mustard Seed (Luke 17:5-6)
Textbook Pages: Chapter 2
Lesson #1 – September 24, 2018
Topic: The Holy Trinity
- The Holy Trinity is three persons in one God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit
- Jesus grew up in Nazareth. He learned a lot from His foster father, Joseph.
- Jesus was lost, then found at the temple when he was 12. Losing her son was Mary’s first great sorrow.
- The first disciples followed Jesus. We can all be disciples.
Textbook Pages: 20 – 23
Homework: Share the “Sharing your Faith” activity with your family. Describe the pictures in the handout.