The mission of Saint Gabriel’s Religious Education Program is to deepen in our children their awareness and understanding of God’s loving presence in their lives and to strengthen in them the Christian message of justice and love. Our program focuses on:
- Helping and supporting parents in developing the faith-life of their children.
- Presenting clear concepts of our Catholic faith and doctrine.
- Celebrating our faith through class and community liturgies.
- Imparting an awareness and understanding of Sacred Scripture and its significance on Christian living.
- Reinforcing, nurturing and strengthening Christian values.
- Working with parents in preparing children for meaningful reception of the Eucharist, Reconciliation, and Confirmation.
The Religious Education Program strives to spiritually prepare its young people to meet and deal with a changing world. In order to assist parents in their roles as the primary religious educators of their children, the religious education staff will offer catechesis through formal and informal classroom experiences, based on the Diocesan Graded Course of Study. The purpose of our program is to foster growth toward a mature Catholic faith. This is to be accomplished by transmitting the Christian message, forming a faith community, service to others, and providing opportunities for worship. This is supported through the study of Scripture, liturgy, doctrine, history, and through the life experiences of the parent and student.
- Prayer List (All Grades)
- How to Pray the Rosary
- Additional Resources
- Mission Statement and Texbook Info
- First Grade – Mrs. Allyson Green and Mrs. Lauren Huwalt with classroom aide Rose Fiorill
- Second Grade – Mrs. Judy Byers and Mrs. Barb Stock with Mrs. Christie Koenig
- Third Grade – Mrs. Stacey Starzynski and Mrs. Teresa Grande
- Fourth Grade – Mr. Rex Gleeson and Mrs. Kathy Gleeson
- Fifth Grade – Mr. Mike McKee and Ian McGee
- Sixth Grade – Miss Marjorie Rishel and Mrs. Helen Rishel
- Seventh Grade – Mrs. Jamie Dugan, Mrs. Deb Leya and Mrs. Andrea Hulsman
- Eight Grade – Mrs. Kris Dawley and Mrs. Teresa Grande
- Building Sub – Mrs. Sue Romeo