The mission of Saint Gabriel’s Religious Education Program is to deepen in our children their awareness and understanding of God’s loving presence in their lives and to strengthen in them the Christian message of justice and love. Our program focuses on:
- Helping and supporting parents in developing the faith-life of their children.
- Presenting clear concepts of our Catholic faith and doctrine.
- Celebrating our faith through class and community liturgies.
- Imparting an awareness and understanding of Sacred Scripture and its significance on Christian living.
- Reinforcing, nurturing and strengthening Christian values.
- Working with parents in preparing children for meaningful reception of the Eucharist, Reconciliation, and Confirmation.
The Religious Education Program strives to spiritually prepare its young people to meet and deal with a changing world. In order to assist parents in their roles as the primary religious educators of their children, the religious education staff will offer catechesis through formal and informal classroom experiences, based on the Diocesan Graded Course of Study. The purpose of our program is to foster growth toward a mature Catholic faith. This is to be accomplished by transmitting the Christian message, forming a faith community, service to others, and providing opportunities for worship. This is supported through the study of Scripture, liturgy, doctrine, history, and through the life experiences of the parent and student.
- Prayer List (All Grades)
- How to Pray the Rosary
- Additional Resources
- Mission Statement and Texbook Info
- Mrs. Green and Mrs. Huwalt – Grade 1
- Mrs. Byers and Mrs. Stock – Grade 2
- Mrs. Starzynski and Mrs. Homer – Grade 3
- Mr. Yimin – Grade 4
- Mr. McGee and Mrs. Dare – Grade 5
- Mrs. Rishel and Miss Rishel – Grade 6
- Mrs. Dawley and Mrs. Grande – Grade 7
- Mrs. Vater – Grade 8 – email@example.com